Competition: SBS Sport e-Gift Card Contest
Promoter: Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (ABN 91 314 398 574) (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064. Telephone: 1800 500 727.
Entry Restrictions: The competition is open to Australian residents only, aged 15 and over. Employees of Sponsor, Prize Supplier(s) and associated companies and their immediate families are not eligible.
Competition Period: Begins: November 14, 2022
Maximum number of entries: One per person
How to enter:
Three Grand Prize winners will each receive a $100 e-gift card.
The major prize is of a maximum value of $100 (RRP).
Total value of all prizes: $300
Prize Provider(s): Special Broadcasting Service (SBS).
Selection of the winner:
Three winners will be selected from all valid entries.
Winners will be drawn by the Promoter (or its appointed agent) on December 20, 2022 at 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064.
Prize Winner Notification:
Grand prize winners will be notified by email on January 13, 2023.
The names of the winners will be published on the SBS Sport website on January 20, 2023.
Second Chance Draw and Notification:
If a Winner cannot be contacted by March 13, 2023, Sponsor or its designated agent will select an alternate winner from among all valid entries. Second Chance Draw winners will be notified via email on March 14, 2023 and posted on the SBS Sport website on March 21, 2023.
Terms and conditions
- Participation in the Competition implies acceptance of these general conditions. The information relating to the Competition and the Program above forms part of the terms and conditions of the Competition. The Promoter may modify these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion, subject to the approval of the competent state authorities.
- Eligibility to enter the competition is subject to the above entry restrictions.
- To enter the Contest, entrants must follow the process outlined in the Entry Details during the Contest Period. Any entry received outside the contest period will be considered invalid.
- Participants can participate in the competition up to the maximum number of entries. Each entry must be submitted separately and meet the eligibility criteria.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be considered void. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the designated prize delivery address and proof of valid entry, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of eligibility is at Promoter’s discretion. In the event that an entrant cannot provide proof, their entry will be considered invalid.
- All valid entries are automatically entered into the winner selection process, which will take place at the times and dates indicated in the schedule, including any specified second chance draws.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified in accordance with the winner notification details in the calendar.
- All prizes are as shown or described in the program and, unless otherwise specified, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter is not responsible for any additional costs associated with the use of the Prize.
- If a Prize is date specific, the Winner must be available to claim the Prize on the date(s) specified in the Program. If the Winner is unable to claim the Prize on the date(s) specified, the Promoter may determine an alternate Winner in its sole discretion.
- The Organizer accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage or injury incurred in entering the Contest or in connection with obtaining the Prizes.
- Once the prizes have left the premises of the prize supplier, no responsibility is assumed for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- Price values are based on recommended retail prices at time of printing (including GST). The Promoter declines all responsibility in the event of a change in the value of the Prize between today and the final date of redemption of the Prize.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry that, in the opinion of the Organizer, includes objectionable content.
- The Organizer declines all responsibility for tax problems that may arise from the acceptance of a Prize in the context of this Contest. Consult an independent tax adviser if this concerns you.
- Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way from the Contest.
- All prices are subject to availability. In the event that any prize or part of a prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, Sponsor reserves the right to provide a similar prize of equal or higher than the original price, subject to national regulations.
- Neither the Sponsor nor the Prize Supplier or their associated companies are responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of God, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared), state of emergency or disaster, or other event beyond Sponsor and Prize Provider’s control that prevents the Contest from running as planned or prevents the awarding or acceptance of the Prize in accordance with the Prize Description . If such acts or events occur, the Organizer reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or suspend or modify a Prize, subject to national regulations.
- The Organizer and the Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, line failure communication, theft, destruction or unauthorized access or modification of entries, and reserve the right to take any action available. If for any reason this Contest is unable to run as planned, for reasons such as, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupts or affects the administrative security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action available to the fullest extent permitted by law, including disqualifying anyone who tampers with the entry process, and canceling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Contest. Subject to state regulations.
- All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
- Entrants consent to their full names and/or entries being used in all media by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree that they may be required to participate in promotional activities while accepting the prize.
- The Organizer may use the names and contact details of participants for promotional, marketing and advertising purposes. The Promoter may also be required to disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, co-promoters and state and territory gaming departments to assist in the conduct of the Contest.
- All entrant details (including personal information) will be collected, used, retained and disclosed in accordance with Australian Privacy Principles and . A request to access, update, or correct any information should be directed to SBS’s Privacy Officer. Unless otherwise specified, the Organizer may use entries and entrants’ contact information for promotional and advertising purposes.