Not only are the Oscars making a comeback, but exclusive guests will be getting their hands on the iconic gift bags worth thousands of dollars.
For two decades, Los Angeles-based marketing firm Distinctive Assets has returned to deliver its famous and expensive gift bags named “Everyone Wins at the Oscars.”
While some may have left without the prestigious award, the luxurious gift bag was certainly not something to sniff at.
Who receives the gift bags?
CNBC reports confirmed that the gift bag is exclusively given to 28 of the Oscars’ top guests and nominees, but sadly not everyone gets one.
This year’s hottest celebrities are Will Smith, Steven Spielberg, Kristen Stewart and the three Oscar hosts: Wanda Sykes, Amy Schumer and Regina Hall.
However, other celebrities such as Piers Morgan had a different take on this year’s gift bags. Of course, one might add.
The Mirror reported that the Briton tweeted to his 7.9 million Twitter followers for Hollywood grantees to ‘auction their shocking $140,000 gift bags to raise money for Ukrainian refugees’ .
What’s inside the Oscars 2022 gift bags?
According to Cosmopolitan, the contents of these gift bags are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, and the gifts are almost too good to be true:
- A 3-night stay at Turin Castle in Scotland, worth $50,000, and inspired by Denzel Washington’s nomination for Best Actor in Macbeth’s Tragedy (butler service *is* included, thanks for checking)
- $25,000 in home renovations from Maison Construction in Los Angeles
- A 4-night stay at Golden Door Resort in California worth $15,000
- A $12,000 Liposuction Procedure From Dr. Thomas Su Called “Celebrity Arms”
- $10,000 worth of “rejuvenation treatments and procedures” from Dr. Konstantin Vasyukevich
- A life coaching session with Kayote Joseph worth $1,200
- A small plot of land in Scotland, with the title Lord or Lady of Glencoe
- Pop corn
It wasn’t always a pleasant gift
Previous Oscar goodie bags weren’t as glitzy and flamboyant as this year. Opt instead to be slightly controversial.
For the past 20 years, Distinctive Assets has given away questionable items that have everyone wondering why it’s being offered.
- 2014 – The ‘lucky’ winners of the 2014 Oscars goodie bag received a vagina rejuvenation procedure as well as horse shampoo for humans.
- 2015 – The gift bag included a sex care set, including a laser vibrator and expensive condoms.
- 2020 – Last time gift bags included bulletproof doors and a urine catcher.
Although debatable, I’m sure these items have been put to good use!
In other news Why an unsafe build is considered unsafe in F1