A few days ago, Xiaomi released its very first foldable smartphone, Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold. This smartphone is currently on presale and its first outright sale will take place on April 16. The price of this foldable phone makes it very competitive. Interestingly, even the top model sells for under $ 2,000. The 12 GB + 256 GB are sold 9,999 yuan ($ 1,525) while the 12GB + 512GB and 16GB + 512GB sell for 10,999 yuan ($ 1,677) and 12,999 yuan ($ 1,982), respectively.
Today, Xiaomi announced that it has partnered with Marriott International Group to launch two limited edition MIX FOLD gift sets. Hot-stamped version includes MIX FOLD + Sanya Westin Hotel Package + Westin White Tea Scented Candle. Right now, the MIX FOLD Limited Edition Gift Box has landed on Jingdong Rubik’s Cube for a limited edition!
The Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold adopts internal folding design. The internal display is an 8.01 inch 2K full screen, HDR10 +, 600nit brightness and supports Dolby Vision. The external display is a 6.52 inch display with a punch hole in the upper right corner. It comes with a resolution of 2520 x 840 and supports 90Hz refresh rate.
Under the hood, the MIX Fold comes with a Snapdragon 888 SoC and its four speakers are tuned by Harman Kardon. Like most flagships, this smartphone comes with a 108 MP main camera. It is also Xiaomi’s first smartphone with a professional imaging chip – Surge C1. This chip is dedicated to image processing, with self-developed ISP + self-developed algorithms, and can realize finer and more advanced 3A processing. For more details on the Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold, see the datasheet below
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold Specifications
- 8.01 inch (2480 x 1860 pixel) Quad HD + AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate, 900nits (peak) brightness, 600nits (HBM), MEMC, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch AMOLED external display (2520 x 840 pixels) with brightness 900 nits (peak), 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm mobile platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12 GB LPPDDR5 3200 MHz RAM with 256 GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12 GB / 16 GB LPPDDR5 3200 MHz RAM with 512 GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1 / 1.52 ″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f / 1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focal length, 30x zoom, 13MP 123 ° ultra wide angle lens with f Aperture /2.4, Self-developed ISP Surge C1, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front camera
- Side fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speaker 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27 x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA / NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh dual-cell design with 67W wired QC4 + / PD3.0