Mother’s Day is a day to celebrate and thank all mothers for the dedication, love and affection they give to their children every day. The mother is a sure pillar, a bosom of unconditional love, of smiles and words that soothe, that guide. For all mothers, who on Earth represent the marvelous miracle of creation; who beget with their womb and love with their heart; a good day on the date that celebrates them par excellence is Mother’s Day!
It is common on Mother’s Day for children to surprise their mother by giving her gifts or organizing activities that show their admiration for her.
mothers day date
Mother’s Day is not a single date celebration in the world. There are several dates that represent the tribute to the women who play this role, in addition to other caregivers who occupy this very precious space in our lives.
Mother’s Day is celebrated on Sunday, May 8.and seeks to honor all mothers, in addition to thanking them for the love, affection, care and dedication they gave to their children every day.
History and Meaning of Mother’s Day
In India, there is no particular reason or meaning to celebrate Mother’s Day, it has been embraced by urban populations. It is believed that in 1905, a young American woman named Anna Jarvis fell into depression after losing her mother Ann Reeves Jarvis. Worried for her, her friends decide to organize a party, to perpetuate the memory of Anna’s mother and, at the same time, try to cheer her up. Anna wanted the tribute to be extended to all mothers, whether living or deceased, and before long the celebration spread across the country.
In 1914, the date was formalized by former President Woodrow Wilson and began to be celebrated. Gradually, the tribute spread to other countries.
But Anna Jarvis was very disappointed to realize that the event had become commercial, as it was diverted from its main purpose, which was to bring mothers and children closer together and to celebrate the mother’s presence.
In many countries, the celebration is considered one of the highest seasons of profit and consumer movement, after Christmas.
How to celebrate Mother’s Day 2022
Not just in India, Mother’s Day is celebrated in many countries around the world on the second Sunday in May and this year is celebrated on May 8. This is the perfect opportunity for any child to make their mother feel special! The best part is that you don’t have to spend anything to show your love. Here are some tips for celebrating Mother’s Day:
1. Organize fun activities with your mother, such as watching movies, organizing a prank, assembling a puzzle, going for a walk near your house, gathering everyone who lives in the house to tell stories about your mother, organizing a question game and answers. etc Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity to do something fun. Think of an activity that you know your mom likes or ask her what she wants.
2. All mothers have received a special gift from God to know what we like to eat even if we don’t ask her to cook anything special she knows what we want but many of us didn’t know her favorite food our mother, so on this special day cook something special that you like the most.
3. If you are far from each other and couldn’t visit the mother on this special day, please have a long video call and make her feel like you are around her. You can also set up a group video call so your siblings can join in as well.
4. Send a gift to your mother – Mom doesn’t need gifts to feel your love, but this investment is worth it even if you choose to do a favor! The important thing is to give the feeling of surprise, even if you don’t live together. Below, we’ve got some ideas for gifts you can send your mom on Mother’s Day.
5. Fix the house – Unfortunately, a lot of the responsibilities and household chores still fall on mothers. However, start changing this paradigm as early as Mother’s Day! Clean up anything you and the rest of the staff mess up and help out if needed.
6. Organize a picnic at home – A different way to celebrate Mother’s Day is to have a picnic at home. Ideal to do with the family, with the children or even during virtual meetings, the activity is simple and can brighten up the day.
Mother’s day gift idea
Every year, Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity to offer a nice, carefully chosen gift to your mom. To help you in this task, here are some gift ideas that you could take inspiration from:
1. Plants and flowers
Plants and flowers are popular gifts that smell like spring, you can also send a bouquet of flowers to your mother as it is a timeless gift that always pleases. And a houseplant, which can serve as a decorative gift and add a touch of greenery to the house and all of us who our desi mother likes to plant.
2. Greeting card
A greeting card is an attention that allows you to write a few sweet words. It can accompany other gifts, be handmade, typed or handwritten. Use quality materials such as colored paper, decorated sheets, etc. Draw something or paste a picture on the cover of the card. If you have a printer at home, customize a card template online or use Word and print.
Chocolates are the sweet little things you hate to love but can’t resist gorging on every time you see them. It’s the easiest yet tastiest way to make your special occasions even more wonderful and memorable. Chocolates can easily be found at your nearby stores or you can also order online from various online gift stores.
Jewelry has played a very important role in women’s lives for thousands of years and is precious to them. On the occasion of Mother’s Day, you can offer a pair of earrings, ring, bracelet, necklace, pendant or watch to your mom and we bet she will love it.
A cake can also be used as a gift for Mother’s Day, it can be bought at any bakery near you, or with the help of Youtube, you can make it at home or if you don’t don’t have much time, order it online right away.
Accessories such as bags, purses, purses, wallets or umbrellas are original gifts that your mother will surely love to receive on this special day.
7. Have your mom’s favorite photos in your hands – Who doesn’t like looking back at old photos and remembering different times, right? On the day of the celebration, collect photos of your mother and set aside a time each day to show them to everyone.
No matter what type of activity you are planning, the main thing is that you enjoy this date together!
For the latest trends, click here.