Unique gifts for your loved one
1. Golf and interior lounge 1899: Buy a gift card for the golfer who wants to keep their game sharp during the offseason. Golfers can play “virtually” on 120 different courses.
2. Jewelry: The only thing prettier than the white and glass “gift box” building is the jewelry inside Jülz by Alan Rodriguez. In addition to well-known brands of watches, rings, necklaces and bracelets, the boutique specializes in unique and bespoke pieces.
3. The Atrium Spa: Offers gift cards and special packages for couples for a variety of services.
4. Chocolates: Stark County is home to many local chocolatiers: Ben Heggy’s Candy, Anastasiades Exclusive Chocolates, Wagoner Chocolates, and Fannie May Fine Chocolates. Make your choice.
Following: Heggy’s reopens amid chocolate shortage last week
5. Eat at home: Have a specially prepared meal delivered to your home or hire a personal chef. Prices vary.
6. Home team: For the sports fan in your life, consider buying tickets to a Cleveland Cavaliers home game at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in downtown Cleveland.
7. Shop at Belden Village Mall: For those who still enjoy shopping in person, the mall has over 100 stores, in addition to the merchandise kiosks that occupy the promenade.
Following: La Loma Restaurant Tries to Replicate Akron’s Success in Belden Village
Fun Date Ideas in Stark County
Don’t know where to go for a date? Here are some local places to visit and things to do:
1. Gervasi Vineyard: A gem of a place that offers Italian cuisine in two restaurants; a distillery, a winery, scenic walkways and a plaza that offers live music (weather permitting).
Following: Gervasi Vineyard Cellar and Distillery Tours, a perfect fall activity
2. The Palace Theater: In addition to second-run films, the historic 1921 theater offers live concerts and other programs, tours and events.
3. Massillon Museum: One of the best museums of its size in the country, “MassMu” features art and photography created by local artists and an extensive inventory of artifacts that illustrate the city’s history.
4. AMC Dinner: Enjoy dinner and drinks while watching first-run movies on the big screen.
5. Lounge 410: Considered a former speakeasy, the 410 Lounge is an intimate space perfect for one-on-one conversation. There are also a variety of cocktails, including choices made with fresh fruit and even vegetables.
6. The Escape Room: If you like a fun mystery that requires teamwork, this might be what you’re looking for. Visitors are tasked with finding their way out of a locked room based on a series of clues found in the room and must do so within a time limit.
7. Grapes in a glass: For wine lovers, the Downtown Canton Wine Bar offers over 70 wines (by the bottle or glass) and now offers a menu featuring a variety of complementary dishes, including cheese and charcuterie boards, pizzas, shrimp tacos and desserts.
This article originally appeared on The Repository: Date-night and gift ideas to surprise your partner