It would be an understatement to say that it has been an interesting few years for the Class of 2022. Due to the pandemic, many future graduates have spent a significant portion of their school years adapting to a changing landscape, both at school and at home. While graduating in a “normal” situation is an accomplishment, students who have succeeded and thrived in the face of pandemic-related adversity deserve additional celebration.
1. Diary: Graduates are about to start new chapters in their lives. A blank journal or journal with writing prompts can help graduates put their thoughts on paper to document the many moments that will shape the next few years.
2. Mascot or school themed offers: If a high school graduate is pursuing higher education, head to the college or university liquor store to buy anything from sweatshirts to blankets to coffee mugs emblazoned with the college logo or mascot. school. From the first day of class, the new student will already feel part of the team.
3. New wardrobe: To graduate is to forge new paths, whether in a career or through further education. Graduates can look the part with multiple items from a favorite retailer. Those unsure of the grad’s style can buy a gift card and let the graduate go on a spending spree.
4. Photo or framed school card: A work of art can evoke strong emotions of time spent on campus. Frame a black-and-white or sepia printout of the aerial view of campus, or opt for an official school tour map, which shows buildings and other points of interest. It could become a treasured keepsake.
5. Bedside Organizational Pouch: Dorm living requires maximizing a small amount of space. An organization pouch or pocket can keep essentials such as a tablet, book, reading glasses and remote control close and organized without taking up much space. Some are designed to rest on a sofa cushion or slip between a mattress and a bed frame.
6. Automotive Essentials: Graduates will be faced with all kinds of new expenses, so easing any kind of financial burden can help them tremendously. Vehicles tend to be major financial drains for teens and young adults. Prepaid cash cards, gas station gift cards, car wash vouchers, and even gift cards from an automotive supply store can help graduates direct their funds elsewhere.
7. Personal coffee maker: Many people think that coffee is essential to get through the day. Graduates soon to be studying for college exams or those rising early for their first forays into the job market may appreciate an in-demand pick-me-up. Coffee makers are much more streamlined these days, and there are pots designed to use loose grounds or special pods to produce cups quickly.